Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Getting back in the exercise saddle...litterally!


He's here! Carter Douglas Heide: born October 30th at 11:30 p.m., 9lbs 15oz and 21 inches long. 28 hours of active labor, 2 hours of pushing (best workout ever!) and then a c-section...C was just too big for me :)
Here is my journey getting back into shape an into my pre-baby jeans without having to suck in.
Carter is almost 2 months old and it is time to get back in the spinning saddle. I have been release for exercise after my c-section for about a week now and it has been awesome and different working out. Awesome as in a kick butt stress reliever, different in that my body is different and feels really weak. Any new mommy with me here? It's so strange to have super loose ligaments and to barely be able to finish a set of 12 push ups. Therefore, I'm taking it slower than I thought I would have to. Supplementing my normal spinning and weight lifting routine with yoga, I think I'll get my strength back in no time! I'm planning on chronicling my workouts and nutrition in this blog, plus other "mama" things that other's might relate to.
Today's workout: yoga, lower body, chest and back
Nutrition: oatmeal, salad and soup day!

No comments:

Post a Comment